As my baby SN turns 2 months last week, we have brought him for his 2nd monthly check up at Nagano Clinic on Monday 27/07/09. This time we didn't bring along any translator as most of the undergraduate students are having their exam, so hubby & I decided to just angguk and says 'hait' for everything explained by the Paed hik3x.
(tengah menunggu giliran nak jumpa Paed)
(dalam bilik Paed)
(muka cuak sebab takut kena inject hahaha)
Nazhan's weight has reached 5.33kg! i.e an increase of 1kg compared to last month, no wonder I feel lenguh2 already when carrying him.... *semangat betul anak mommy nih..hohoho..*. While waiting for our turn to meet the paed, baby SN has poo poo twice..hahahhaha..*lama sangat menunggu, agaknya baby Nazhan boring tak tau nak watpe kui3x*. As usual, while baby SN is poo-poo-ing, it will come along with a package of quiet loud fart by baby Nazhan... muahahahhaha.
Entering 2months old, baby SN really loves to 'talk' with people. Every times I talk to him, he'll response by 'talking' back with me in his own language, smiling and even laugh out loud. It made me so 'perasan' as if he understand what am I talking about. I enjoy talking to baby SN as it helps to stimulate his brain.
Upon reading She Knows - Pregancy & Baby I've found few tips on how to boost your infant brain as when a baby is born, his brain is about 25% the size of a normal adult brain. By the age of 2 years his brain is about 75% of its adult size --> that’s huge brain growth the first two years, so you can see why proper brain stimulations is so important.
The best thing you can do is expose your baby to a variety of experiences and activities. Of course you don’t want to overwhelm your baby. That said; keep activities simple during the newborn stage. As I'm staying 24-7 with my baby, it is an advantage for me to stimulate his brain growth and watched his growth beyond my eyes. I'll try my best to entertain baby SN when I still have lots of time to spent with him.
Try activities such as:
1. Play with him using a baby mobile, baby flashcards, or baby toys with bright colours .. *kadang2 mommy yang over gi main toys baby Nazhan ngeeee*
2. Play soothing music or sings to him *walaupun suara mommy tak sedap sangat, baby SN layannnnn gak sampai tertidur ngeh3x*
(song: Hush Little Baby)
3. Breastfeeding provides optimum baby nutrition which helps build a healthy brain. Also, a recent large scale study notes that breastfeeding is associated with increased intelligence. *insya Allah, mommy akan BF nazhan selagi terdaya*.
4. Get up close when you talk to your newborn so he can listen to you and see you better. *mommy rasa Nazhan ikut perangai mommy, cakap banyak hik3x*.
5. Read to your baby. Even at this young age, a newborn will enjoy the closeness of being held and the changing tone of your voice as you read. *buku tak beli lagi, kena pujuk2 incik hubby belikan nih hehehe*.
6. Place your baby on his stomach for a few minutes each day. This allows him to work on gross motor skills which helps to develop his brain as well. *selalunya baby SN memang tidur meniarap, baru nyenyak sikit tidurnya*.
What about other parents out there?. What activities that you've made to help your baby's brain development during his infant age?. Please share it with me so that I can apply it to my baby SN, after all sharing is caring, aite? *wink wink*.
When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be. ~James Matthew Barrie~
Pssssstttt: sorry lah kalau ada yang ter'play' video tu dan raso annoying dengar suara sumbangsih I.. hehehe..I upload pon sebab nak share this lovely experience with other mums, bukan sebab nak dengar kritikan AF dari pengkritik sekalian kui3x.