Many parents know that baby stimulation activities can boost baby potential now and in future. You can help your baby do vastly better in most areas of life just by encouraging specific actions and movements. And for that it should not be restricted only in your house but it can also involve around the nature itself.
One of the key area in baby simulation activities is Feel and smell which is often called sensory development. Encourage learning common smells and textures. Any smell such as fruit, food, soap, perfume and textures such as flower, sand, water, leaves and materials are wonderful encouragements.
(exploring the world through 'feel' and 'smell' process)
Other key area in baby stimulation involve with Insight and visual that is most often called visual perception development. One vital area you must encourage is the abilities to see, focus and follow specific objects, distinguish faces, look for objects in the surroundings which have been dropped and focus on objects further away like the fruits, flowers, trees and so on.
(learning to distinguish the different colors of grass and pumpkins through "insight" and "visual" process)
You can also involve the Fine movement area that is also called fine motor development. Your stimulation activities should focus on development of hand and finger skills. You can try to encourage your baby to reach out and taking big objects e.g big pumpkins, using index finger to point to flowers in the nature, roll and throw objects, preferring one hand as a dominant one, and, many more to explore with everything in the nature.
(developing his "fine movement" process)
- Babies have a biological need and desire to learn
- The foundational networking of the brain's synapses is nearly complete after the rapid brain development of the first 3 years.
- The more stimulating experiences you can give your baby means the more circuitry that is built for enhanced learning in the future.
- Babies have a definite preference for high contrast images.
- The amount of connections in the brain can increase or decrease by 25 percent depending on the environment and stimulation.
- Visual stimulation can produce developmental advantages including enhanced curiosity, attentiveness and concentration.
- Your baby's best toy is you! Interact with your baby as much as possible!
Those activity that you have enjoy and discovered together with your baby will gives several benefits such as:-
♥ special relationship and bonding between you and your baby
♥ it is practical and portable to carry out such activity in the nature
♥ creating happy memories in your family life
♥ rapid progress in the baby brain development
This entry is part of my attempt to join the MomBloggersPlanet Cutest Baby Contest for November 09 which theme is “Cutest Baby in NATURE“.
This contest is proudly organized by MomBloggersPlanet :
This great Baby Photo Contest is generously sponsored by:
AliceWonders : http://www.alicewonders.com
PhotoBookMalaysia : http://www.photobook.com.my
Pssssttt: meh join cepat before 15th November 2009. Good luck to other contestants.