According to BabyTipz.com; child will pay attention to people who talk to him and the imitation process will happen so fast. So, it is not strange if we often listen baby who imitates the words that said by people or the words that he watches on TV. By imitating the words, he will add his vocabularies.
Here's SN in action when he imitates how daddy and mommy called each other and decided that he will call us using that name too (i.e Ayang & Abe). This video was recorded before he went to bed last Wednesday.
+- excuse the untidiness of the bedroom -+
I found this as an amusing act by him, and each time he did that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. However, this is also an indicator to me that both hubby & I have to be extra careful on selecting the words to utter in front of him as I don't want him to pick up the negative words and start using it towards us.
Imitating is the learning process for toddler in developing language. These are some tips for parent in facing child who likes imitating:
- Give appreciation when child imitates polite words. You need to celebrate it by giving applause, smile, or compliment.
- Don’t laugh if he imitates dirty words though he said it in funny way. If you respond it with laughter and you consider that as something funny, it will make your child think what he said is allowed and not break the rule.
- If he imitates negative words, explain to him that those words are not allowed to be said. Give other words that can replace those words.
- Avoid him from negative source. Child can imitate words from her friends or adults around him or he can get those words from TV. Pay attention where child gets the negative source.
- The environment really influences her language development. Like a white paper, he will absorb fast the influence surround him, protect him from negative effect by always accompanying him and giving language stimulus that is suitable with his development. -source: BabyTipz.com-
Pssssttt : mesti anak u all pun tiru panggilan yang di guna untuk husband & wife gini jugak kan while growing up. Share la sikit pengalaman tu .
~ Thanks for reading this (^-*) ~