Last weekend we were invited to attend the annual meeting of baby SN's nursery. The meeting started at 9 a.m and ended by 12 noon. Since we arrived a little bit late to the meeting, we have to settle down in the front row seat. Budget presentation for 2009/2010 fiscal year was the main agenda of the meeting and as expected, the presentation was done in Japanese language. *macam biasa kami nganga dan angguk buat2 faham jer lah eheh. Kalau faham pun, bila part diorang sebut nombor2 tu jer*.
Luckily the budget presentation session last only for 1 and half hour *kalau tak, wajib kami ber2 tidur tersengguk2 kat situ* eheh. After that, parents were given a chance to observe their kids activities in their classroom. However, they have to ensure that their kids didn't noticed the parents *kena ngintai jer sebab kalau budak2 tu dah nampak parents, mula lah masing2 nak menangis dan nak pergi kat parents diorang jer kan*.
Baby SN is put in "momo" (peach) class and there are 3 other babies in his class. This "momo" class is particularly for baby less than 1 year old. These are the trail of activities performed by baby SN at the nursery every single day :-
(1) Greeting by the teachers
• Mula2 bila baby di hantar ke nursery, cikgu2 akan ambil dari dukungan parents dan parents di galakkan untuk cakap "yoroshiku onegai shimasu"; which is a polite way to say "sorry for troubling you. please take good care of my baby, thank you".
• Directly those terms bukan macam tu lah maksudnya, but indirectly as in this case *hantar baby ke nursery*...lebih kurang gitulah.
(2) Fed with milk
• The teachers will then fed the baby with milk and recorded the amount of milk that the baby takes by jotting it down in each of the babies report book.
(3) Story telling session
• The story telling session is perform by the teacher and I could see that baby SN enjoy the session as he really pays attention to his teacher during the story telling session *siap tepuk tangan lagi*
• The nursery will provide the story book (read by the teachers in class) every month to the parents as well so that parents can read it to their kids at home. *Terkedek2 mommy nak bacakan buku tu kat baby SN bila di rumah sebab buku cerita tu dalam tulisan katakana* hik3x.
• By 11:30 a.m, lunch is being served to the kids.
• Kitchen staff will brings the meals to the class and help the teacher to prepare the babies for their food.
• The babies were then seated on a chair and their hand will be wiped clean with wet towel before having their meals.
• The teacher will fed the babies with their own meals *baby SN kan makan fruit & vegetables jer kat nursery, jadi makanan dia memang di masak khusus untuk dia sorang je*.
(5) Play time
• The kids were then given the chance to play with the toys, under the teachers supervision.
• Most of the toys are colorful wooden block toys which is good to stimulates a child's brain to know shapes and color recognition.
• Since baby SN is the only one who can walk on his own in his class, he really enjoy walking here and there and to play alone *ala2 berlagak otai la sebab baby lain baru merangkak je* hik3x
(6) Bed time
• The teachers are well trained to understand the baby needs as they can easily detected which baby is sleepy.
• The teachers will take each babies mattress + blanket and make them go to sleep easily! *cikgu2 tu selimutkan baby, tutup langsir, gosok perut....lepas tu budak2 tidur dengan senangnya!*
• Hubby & I were amazed to see how easily baby SN can go to sleep at the nursery *kalau kat rumah, ngantuk sampai mata takleh nak bukak pun..tetap nak main lari2 lagi..uhuhu*
(7) Potty train• Even at the age of 11 months, the teachers has started to potty train baby SN.
• The teacher put baby SN to sit on the potty seat and let him finish his 'job'
• Its really amazing for us to see how comfortable he get used to the potty and accept it as a part of his daily routine. *terus daddy ajak mommy gi beli potty untuk letak kat rumah jugak* eheh
I am satisfied with the chance to observe how the teachers and staffs treated baby SN at Kinomi Hoikuen *walaupun dapat tengok utk separuh hari je, kira OK lah tu kan*. As we are going back to Malaysia for 2 months by next month, baby SN will surely missed his friends and teachers at this nursery. Baby SN will be taken care by my SIL for those 2 months and I hope he'll have fun staying with his aunt as much as he had fun at his nursery.
Pssssttttt : harap2nya cikgu2 tu tak berlakon jaga anak elok2 masa parents tengah tengok je tapi sepanjang masa pun jaga elok2 gitu lah kan.