(gambar hiasan utk memeriahkan entry huhu)
Before buying a stroller, think about your lifestyle and your baby/childs' needs, like:
If you do a lot of walking, a sturdy and good absorb system stroller may be required.
If you travel frequently, a lightweight compact fold stroller will be ideal.
Frequent Ask Question (FAQ) before purchase:
- Is the stroller suitable to use for your baby/child? (i.e. Baby should lie flat most of the day, especially for the first 3 months)
- Do you want your baby to face towards you?
- Do you prefer a travel system, where you infant seats can be attached on stroller?
- Does the stroller have adjustable handle?
- Does the seat recline?
- Is a big shopping basket included? *very important for mom! trust me hehe*.
- What other accessories are available for the stroller?
- Would the stroller you are considering fit in your car boot's room?
Types of Stroller:
1) 2 in 1 stroller
- Suitable from birth
- Lie-flat facility and lets baby face you
2) Travel Systems
- An optional infant carrier car seat attached to create a travel system
3) Three Wheeler
- Suitable from birth or 6 months
4) Forward-Facing Strollers
- Suitable from birth
- Lie-back position makes them suitable for newborns, as well as older children
5) Light Weight Stroller
- Suitable from birth or 6 months above
- Usually in aluminium frame
- Light and easy to use - perfect for traveling
6) Tandem and Twin Seaters
- 'Side by side' style is ideal for twins
- 'Tandem' style is ideal for two children of different ages
As for baby SN, I never did really buy him a stroller. His first stroller is a gift from Kak Sofiah when he was 2 months old. It was a MasBaby stroller and suitable for newborn baby as it can be set in lie flat position. We rarely used it during his early months and prefer to carry him around with his Combi Nanna Ninna baby carrier. However, as baby SN getting healthier (a.ka. heavier ); we cant avoid to not using the stroller at a place that requires a lot of walking and offers enough facility for the stroller.
When we come back from Malaysia to Japan, baby SN receives another stroller as a gift from hubby's aunt. It was a Sweet Cherry City stroller. What I like the most about this stroller is that, it is light and easy to use, while hubby likes the locking after fold system on this stroller. Plus, this can also be set in the lie flat position and so far, baby SN seems to enjoy most of his time in the stroller.
*just like what baby SN always do, whenever we put him in his stroller*.... ekekekeke.
(sleep baby sleep..let mommy eat..hehe)
Baby's name : Shafiq Nazhan
DOB: 26th may 2009