CHOMEYL thinker to create CHOMEYLNESS among other CHOMEYLIERS

If you would not want to be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing --> Benjamin Franklin

This blog is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

Monday 8 August 2011

I learn my lessons the hard way

http://www.murabbi.net/images/smiley/assalamualaikum.gif
Sometimes throughout our life, we will learn our lessons the hard way. As an old proverb goes; "A fool learns by his own mistakes, the wise by the mistakes of others".


Here's the thing. I've read a useful article published in The Beauty of Islam regarding to some health guidelines for Ramadan. Although I read it but I have to admit that I didn't really bear in mind on some of the important notes stated in the article. Next thing I know, two unpleasant experience occurred to me. Dang!, I've learn two valuable lessons the hard way.


(1) Heat Exhaustion causes Dehydration

Heat exhaustion hits me last Thursday. The symptoms are nausea, headache, dizziness, paleness, weakness, fatigue and excessive sweating. It's summer season in Japan now and the average temperature in Fukuoka is around 32°C-34°C from sunrise until sunset. (Note: it is typical to experience heat exhaustion and in worse case scenario heat stroke during the summer season in Japan).

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh4MmbGmkAkyhjuKuxg9Nd3kM9SD4bubbhQMAe6i1ouq7sBrR1E43_3dDBPlyz5O5y86zk3rsnCu7lRCLJxEW6SgdNyffuveC2szIco5FoUDTgddAh9ncrJ4BDSxUuxVzwhqiGmAzve-8Q/s1600/summer2011.jpg
+- on the way to campus, pagi sebelum kejadian dehydration terjadi -+


I took thing for granted and I didn't drink as much water as possible between iftar and bedtime and also during sahur; because I think I'll survive the hot weather. After all, Malaysia is a hot country and I never ever get dehydrated on my Ramadhan in Malaysia.


I was doing OK in the morning but in the afternoon I suddenly have the excessive sweating symptoms after having a special photography session kat tengah-tengah panas terik with my lab mate.


I couldn't sit, I can't sleep, I couldn't stand up straight and I feels like my head was hit by 10 tonnes of brick *exaggerating*. I try to get some rest and get some sleep but I couldn't. I want to go home and lay down on the bed but I couldn't drive the car because the headache is killing me.

Solution : hubby has to leave all his lab work, catch two train to come to my campus and drove me home safely.

Lesson learn :
Drink
as much water or fruit juices as possible between iftar and bedtime also during sahur; so that your body may adjust fluid levels in time


(2) Spicy Foods might caused Hemorrhoid

I'm not a spicy food lover because lidah I perasan konon-konon lidah Mek Saleh, tak tahan pedas. But I don't know what went inside my head last week when I cooked Siper Spicy Tom Yam putih for breaking the fast and I couldn't stop myself hirup kuah yang pedas tu dengan beria-ria nya up to the extend where hubby was surprised to see me go crazy over the spicy tom yam.


The craziness of eating those Tom Yam putih lasted for 2 consecutive days and it has pay it tolls yesterday where I was eventually suffering for minor external Hemorrhoid (buasir). Aiyoyo...seksa ok time nak ber*k, kena dengan sopan santun berusaha untuk tidak menyakitkan my precious bottom part yakni dengan cara mengeluarkan stool seperlahan mungkin huhuhuhu.


Solution: Recommended treatment consists of increasing fiber intake (vegetables, fruits, grains) & oral fluids to maintain hydration, and rest.


Lesson learn : The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to keep stools soft so they pass easily, thus decreasing pressure and straining, and to empty bowels as soon as possible after the urge occurs. Exercise, including walking, and increased fiber in the diet help reduce constipation and straining by producing stools that are softer and easier to pass. Increased acid levels in the empty stomach in Ramadhan can aggravate the above conditions. Spicy foods will worsen these conditions.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh65VDtwvUEVKjckxh_f-oaFal7hcSyEt0ASPFcMTWa_dhasVInV28AYJVtvd8sFImjxWhQciM25xO30dQ1VCjXhd5hC6Cu4DLzL5CJKHQF2X2sHFi8rHS7g3G_daW9YzIuaswW0aG0Jdg/s1600/hemorrhoids-PREVENTION.jpg


I mention this little story of mine because I think there is a little bit of me in all of us. Sometimes we become too excited on the foods to eat during breaking the fast that we totally ignored what our body can stand.



Sometimes, no matter how many people are there to guide us and give us proper direction, the only way we are going to learn life’s greatest lessons is through experience. And so I learn my lesson, thus no more extra spicy foods and I'll drink plenty of waters to help my body to stay healthy so that I can perform my
Ramadan ibadah with ease, Insya Allah.

Pssssttt: Kesimpulan ringkas "menyesal dahulu pendapatan, menyesal kemudian tanggunglah kesakitan".
jelir


“Entri ini ditulis untuk cabaran #2 iPad MySuperKid yang direviu oleh [Nor Haryati Yahaya] dan ditaja oleh Adorable Muslimah

~ Thanks for reading this (^-*) ~

10 words of wisdom & comments:

☆♥L@dy @yU♥☆ said...

ciannyer yatie x tahan pedas ek....
tomyam putih tue mana la pedas sgt
nasib baik u x rasa ai masak mcm mana sebab weols mmg hantu spicy foods...dah biasa if x mkn sehary pedas rasa x puas...cili padi wajib ada dlm fridge ....ngeeee :D

Sidratul Muntaha said...

huhuh..
tie
kita samalah laa
dari kecik mmg intolerate dgn sambal n pedas2..
air tu ayu mgm minum byk since diet aritu..
than mmg tahu bilapuasa..
makanana pedas la kena elak betul2.
fiber plak,tak sume ayu boleh tolerate...
mmg kembung jugak jwbnya..
tgk jenis buah and grain jugak.
*dah tua2 ni bru perut mengada - ngada.
ahahhaa

NzA said...

salam ramadhan yati....

ore kelate mmg xthn pedah....he.he.he..

Unknown said...

huda suka makan pedas tp tak tahan :)

Oyis said...

ore meme jenis x leh pedas pon. kalo gi umah org lain wat mkn gak, kenyang air (hok ore lain raso x pedas, kito raso berapi2 dah sgt). take care deh yatie. don't let banana fruit twice deh :P

ps: panas betul japan. kena pakai sarung tgn uv lg. sini kohor ke sejuk doh. smlm 12C! 12C?!?! aiyo...

Cool said...

i wonder kat jepun ada balik tak? try to have some.

yatie chomeyl said...

lady ayu >> I mmg x tahan pedas. kalau makan pedas, mula lah ciri biri huhuhu

ayu >> tu la pasla, dulu2 belasah makan takde lah sampai buasir. skrg ni salah mkn sikit je...adoyaiiiii

Nza >> tu la, lidoh ore kelate manjo sikit kak deh

yatie chomeyl said...

Huda >> akak pulak mmg kureng mknan pedas tp sesekali dtg angin je teringin

oyis >> meme panas sini. sedaknyo 12C...cepat2 lah autumn

jiji >> balik ke bali babe?

Mama Ammar @ Nor Haryati Yahaya said...

hehehe...nak berbuka ngan spicy tu bulih nak makan pedas...cuma berpada2 la...afdalnye minum air panas suam n kurma dulu (kalu ade la)..karang terkezut perut terus isi ngan makanan pedas... lagi satu...kat sana takde ke supplier shaklee?? boleh try perfomance drink :)..promote taw

kite patotnye bagi komen utk cabaran mommylina tapi sibuk lak bagi ceramah hihihihi....anyway..nice entry...gudluck!!

yatie chomeyl said...

mama Ammar >> x sure pulak ada supplier Shaklee ke tak kat sini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...